< Back

History

Local History

The Nebraska Beta Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon was chartered at Omaha University, now the University of Nebraska at Omaha on February 17, 1951 in a chartering ceremony held at the Hotel Fontenelle Hotel in Omaha.  Prior to chartering with the national Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, Nebraska Beta was a local Alpha Sigma Lambda fraternity.  The Alpha Sigma Lambda fraternity was founded on December 13, 1919.  Since chartering with the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, we have had over 1,500 initiates.

Our fraternity house is located at 3301 Harney Street in Omaha, Nebraska near Midtown Crossing and The Blackstone District.  Our facility was constructed in 1906 to house the Nebraska Telephone Company's "Harney Street Branch Exchange".  In 1996, the Nebraska Beta Chapter purchased the property after their previous house at 829 Park Ave was destroyed by fire. At that time the building was redesigned to accommodate the needs of a fraternity house.

 

National History

To view the National History of Sigma Phi Epsilon please click here.


Click for Map of Location

3301 Harney Street
Omaha, NE 68131

Contact Us